Sunday 1 January 2012

My Reasons

A few months ago I decided that while baking for 'fun' was really good, I should actually try and get something out of it.  For years I have been baking the recipes that I know; chocolate fudge cake, coconut crunch, chocolate coconut bars, flapjacks and sugar cookies at Christmas. 

After watching The Great British Bake Off for the last two years I came to a decision - I wanted to be like them.  With that in my mind I set about writing my Christmas list and asked for nothing but cookery books and baking implements.  Luckily the family listened and with 2 more sandwich tins with loose bottoms (I already had several but wanted more), five cookery books (only one wasn't baking oriented) and a new mandolin (which I am going to slowly get up the courage to use) I set about baking things I had never baked before - mostly guided by Mary Berry.

Here is my slow but steady journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment