Monday 16 January 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Believe it or not, I have never baked "Chocolate Chip Cookies" before so this was a new experience for me.

Using the recipe found in Mary Berry's Baking Bible (which I almost followed to the letter), I produced a double batch of rather large chocolate chip cookies which were nice and chocolaty as well as being chewy and gooey in the middle.  I would have liked them to be more gooey but as they spread rather a lot (egg does this to biscuit mixes) the gooey centre was only going to be a little bit so.


This is what they looked like when I managed to get them mostly into equal sized balls on the baking tray - they were a little larger than the recipe recommended so they took 14-15 minutes to bake in the centre of the oven rather than the 8-10 suggested.


When they were in the oven they started to spread and I was able to see that they were more like the 'Millys' giant cookies you can buy in the shopping centre rather than the small delicate ones the recipe was guiding you to make.  That said the way they spread looked really artistic (wish I had filmed it).




When they were finished I cooled them on a baking tray before cramming as many as I could into a tin to take to work.



Overall I am rather impressed with my first foray into baking "Chocolate Chip Cookies".  I will add that particular recipe to my repertoire and try it again some time, perhaps using different chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment