Monday 17 September 2012

An Update or I Begin Again

Though it has been a while since I have actually posted anything on the site this does not mean that I have been completely inactive with regards the baking.

In order I have baked the following:

Coffee and walnut cake:  Another Mary Berry recipe which, though I didn't eat this (sometimes we bake things we really don't like to eat, right?) went down really well at the bake sale I made it for:

Coffee and Walnut cake with Coffee Icing (yes my fridge is a mess)

Devonshire Apple Cake: I made this for the same bake sale, unfortunately looks can be incredibly deceiving; it looks lovely, right?  Unfortunately I took it out of the oven about 10 minutes too soon and by the next morning the whole thing had collapsed.  Though it was a failure it still looked really good (until it sank). I used Mary Berry's recipe but I think the next time I make it I will up the temperature of the oven by 10 degrees and leave it in 5 minutes longer.

  
Looks gorgeous, right?  But for a few minutes cooking time it would have been perfect

I have also attempted a batch of macarons (next time I am going to be using the Italian Meringue base rather than the French - it's so much more stable.

Roll on the cooking again, it's been so long but I haven't been completely lazy...let the practice recommence.

No comments:

Post a Comment